Friday, May 15, 2009

WATCHING FOR UPS

Contrary to some opinions expressed in the discussion groups I am not on the payroll at National Builder Supply. I stated at the very beginning (first blog) that I am not an employee but instead very much a fan of both the company and its owner Marcus Morgan.
Why do I bring this up again? Well I buy, from NBS, things that I want, like anybody else, and do so for the same reason as everybody else…great service, nice people, great low price guarantee, and free shipping. Well after writing, recently, about the benefits of the TOTO Washlet and the advantages that it would present to any elderly or disabled person and their families, I decided that I fell into both of those categories and then some. I’m older than most dirt, suffer from Parkinson’s and find the simple things in life harder to accomplish on a day to day basis. Things that we all take for granted like washing dishes, cooking simple things, cleaning house, getting dressed and most importantly the simple act of going to the bathroom and keeping oneself clean and sanitary afterwards. This latter task convinced me that a Washlet was not only a luxury, on a day to day basis, but was becoming an essential for me to continue to maintain a simple quality of life. So I broke down a couple of days ago and ordered a basic Washlet. Even though I had written and read about them, it wasn’t until I got ready to order one that I realized all the functions that they offer and the options available. A Washlet not only washes you, it warms the seat, can be purchased with a hot water reservoir allowing a constant supply of instant hot water for the washing function, and can be ordered with just a stream of water or an oscillating function. The only thing missing is the MP3/DVD /CD player option. Maybe If TOTO reads this that will be forth coming. I’m excited and anxious for my Washlet to get here, thus watching for the UPS truck. In the meantime to further the sense of urgency I broke the toilet seat the other day and every time I sit down it pinches me…LOL, I know TOO MUCH INFORMATION, but at least you can see I’m a real person.
I would like to take a moment and a few words to also acknowledge that I am still able to live alone only through the good graces of friends of 40+ years like Mike (Crash and Burn) and Dianne Hennecy who do my shopping, take me to doctors appointments, look in on me daily, call me constantly to make sure I’m OK and a myriad of other things and neighbors Bill and Shirley Whiteside who live across the street. Bill has medical problems that make me look like a young whippersnapper but cranks up his golf car almost every day and takes my little dog, Nate (SEE PIC ABOVE, Nate doing what he does best), and me for a ride around the neighborhood to give Nate some exercise. Nate runs along side the golf cart doing his best imitation of a sled dog. Shirley has her hands full having to see to Bill’s many needs but also never misses a day of coming over to check on me and brings me wonderful home cooked meals. Those folks fill my days with friendship and help. As most of you know, I pass my time by reading and commenting on some 30+ discussion forums and by writing this blog. This gives me a real sense of accomplishment and keeps my mind active even though my body doesn’t cooperate.
The addition of this Washlet along with my existing TOTO Ultramax ADA height toilet will make some of my simple functions a little easier. SO HURRY UP UPS!

No comments: