Thursday, June 11, 2009

WORDS OF WISDOM FROM FRAN BYRD....MORE REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD BUY FROM NATIONAL BUILDER SUPPLY


A few days back I wrote a blog about “why people should buy from NBS” because my “Sitemeter” was showing a world of people ending up here on my site in response to that question. I had also written back in February and included a few of the many letters complimenting NBS on their customer service and pricing, something, I’m convinced, that the entire staff works very hard at every day. Well the questions are still coming in so this morning I called my friend, Fran Byrd, at NBS and asked for some more letters either good or bad so I could give readers as much info as possible because although there is a world of info online about National Builder Supply there is NO BAD NEWS but also lacking in letters of praise. I have always been of the opinion that Americans will take the time to write when they are unhappy about something but rarely to compliment and a company needs both. Fran is also on the firing line at NBS and is always good for a quote so I asked for that also and will add it here later in this blog.
First I have mentioned many times that the driving force behind NBS and the associated companies of H.M.Wallace, is Marcus Morgan. Marcus’s family has been in the brick and mortar plumbing supply business for many years but it was Marcus who conceptualized the idea of selling those products online back in 2002. He gathered his 2 best friends from high school and Fran, also a high school friend, and started H.M.Wallace and the rest is history. The main thrust of the business is customer service and my experience both as a customer and friend has shown this to be the very best anyone could hope for. As an example most of you know I am retired and write this blog as a favor to Marcus but to also keep myself busy with the many discussion groups and forums in which I participate daily. In addition to those things Marcus recently asked me to embark on a new project to enhance the customer service experience and to assure there is no problem with their website. I am comparing the catalogs of every manufacturer against the NBS website for any variance of product picture, description, and price to make sure that when a customer shops online with them they get the right information to make their decision as easy as possible and lower the chance of any problem arising.
Recently an online competitor named “Homeclick” filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy and then last week their website reappeared trying to sell items. I discussed this with Fran as to whether she had heard about it and garnered the following quote about one of her experiences trying to help a Homeclick customer…
“With Homeclick, I had one lady who called me crying asking me if I had a number to Toto corp. because she ordered a black toilet from Homeclick and when she got it, it was broken. She called them and they said they could not help her. So I called them and asked for a supervisor, I explained the situation to him. She had got the toilet the same day. He said they did not have any more of the toilets in stock and I ask him to file a claim and give her a credit. He said “we don't do that”, he said they should have more toilets in about 4-6 weeks. She could not wait because the house was set to close before then. He said she will just have to wait. I did not tell him who I was or who I was with. He was really rude and just refused to help the poor lady. I have had tons of people call me with similar stories. I just know I would NEVER order from them.”
And this from Fran about a recent customer service problem at NBS…”We just had this one lady buy a toilet from us on Ebay, in the policies section it clearly says the toilet has to be inspected and any damages reported back to us in 48 hours. She waited A MONTH to open it and what do you know, it was broken. Normally we could have told her, sorry there is nothing we can do. But to keep our Ebay rating at 100% and to emphasize our willingness to keep the customer happy, we sent her a new toilet. We can't always do that, but I asked her to make sure she would not give a negative feedback for the exchange of the new toilet. That kind of stuff hurts you so bad because we don't always get the chance to go on and explain the details of the situation.”

HERE ARE SOME RECENT LETTERS FROM SATISFIED CUSTOMERS:
Just wanted to let everyone know what a great job everyone is doing. Especially Fran, There was a slight issue with the shipping address but she handled it without any problems. THANKS FOR A GREAT JOB and at a great price. I will be glad to continue doing business with a company that goes above and beyond to do a GREAT JOB........ Thanks again from a loyal customer for life.............. Bruce S.

Just a note to say I am glad I found your website and very happy with you service, also your packaging is awesome my unit came in excellent condition. I will be ordering all my Toto toilets from you.
Thanks, Jack


Thank you for taking care of my order. Not many companies are as easy to work with. Your Customer Service is excellent, starting with the nice woman who answered the phone this morning.


I want to thank Fran for her stellar response to my order request. I learned my order had not been shipped even though I had been told four days earlier it had shipped. After speaking with Fran, she immediately expedited shipping and it arrived just two days after I spoke with her. Super woman to the rescue!!! Thanks Fran.


I want to tell you what a pleasure it has been doing business with you. The entire process was a refreshing reminder that people can still get ahead by doing business the old fashion way-great service, great products, good value. From order to delivery, your staff was courteous and helpful and the process was seamless. Thanks again.Fred B.
Hi: I want to thank you for giving me the number for Moen, that was so kind of you to write. I contacted them and a very nice gentleman like yourself asked me lots of questions on the tap and he is sending me a new one and the rings and whatever I need to install it.
Thanks again,
Janet L.

Just wanted to thank you for everything. Our order arrived today in perfect shape. Your packing--with free shipping-- is the best I have ever seen and we received our order very quickly. It's been a pleasure dealing with you.Bob H.

Thank you so very much. It is rare today to find a business that trulycares about customer service. As soon as I receive the new faucet, Iwill call my plumber and have him install it and send the defective oneback to you. Again, I can't thank you enough. If there is a placeonline that I can share the encouraging and positive experience that Ihave had with your company, I would be pleased to do that.Thank you!!!! Sincerely, Marla M.
I just wanted to let you know that we are so pleased with our new TOTO toilet that I ordered from your company. It was so nice not to have to wait weeks for the delivery. Your turn around time is fantastic! Our shipment arrived undamaged and installation was a breeze. (According to my husband). Thank you for your great service.

Thanks Fran for the help today. Now you see her pic at the top here’s some other important info on her:
MY ROLE AT NATIONAL BUILDER SUPPLY: Customer Service
THE THING I LIKE BEST ABOUT NATIONAL BUILDER SUPPLY: Working with a great group of people in a relaxed atmosphere
A FAVORITE MOMENT AT NATIONAL BUILDER SUPPLY: Every time we get a phone call or an email letting us know we did a great job
ESSENTIAL DVDs: Save the Last Dance, The Notebook, Weeds, Without a Paddle, Finding Nemo, Dexter, Toy Story 1&2, P.S. I love You, The Lion King
ESSENTIAL CDs: Prince, Tribe Called Quest, Mary J. Blige, Maroon 5, Beastie Boys, Mariah Carey, Coldplay, Daughtry, TI, Kanye West, Kenny Chesney, Kellie Pickler
MY HOBBIES, PASSIONS & INTERESTS: I enjoy spending time with my family, watching my son play soccer, watching movies, and going to the beach..
MY MOTTO:This too shall pass

No comments: