Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Toto Washlet Update

As many of you who follow my blogsite know, about 3 months ago I got the idea that I could really use a Toto Washlet to better my quality of life. As I mention all the time I am disabled and as my infirmaties increased I found that even the simplest of day to day functions became more difficult including those toilet functions that we don’t need to go into here but suffice to say I was having a difficult time in the bathroom keeping myself clean. I had always considered a Washlet as an item that only the very rich would have and am fairly certain that the manufacturer has marketed it as such but was informed, while reading a forum thread, that a Washlet would be ideal for older or disabled folks and I began a series of blogs and urging of Toto that they market it to that segment also. I don’t know if they listened but I still feel very strongly about the need and equally grateful that I have one for myself.
With these thoughts in mind I thought I would stir the pot one more time and at the same time give you an update on my own Washlet experiences and hope that a few more people will read my blog and see how helpful one can be for themselves or someone important to them. When I first wrote about mine I was immediately flooded with questions from readers who wanted answers to a lot of their questions, how easy was it to install? How did it work? Did it do a good job? Do you still have to use toilet paper? And the list goes on and on. I guess people figured that if I was willing to write about having it I was willing to answer questions. Yes it was easily installed, so much so that “crash and burn Hennecy” (my best friend of 42 years) did it without either crashing, burning or damaging himself or the Washlet. In fact he had it installed in less than 30 minutes and everything he needed to do the job, other than a screw driver, came in the box including quick connect adapters, pex tubing and electrical connections. How does it work? Very well. The one I bought has both the rear and front washing ability and does just that. At the touch of a button a small nozzle extends out of the device and proceeds to spurt high speed water, at your chosen temperature, and even oscillates, when you choose, to assist in the cleansing. It does take some getting used to as to how long to keep it washing but it would be safe to say probably not even 2 minutes and frankly I haven’t timed it. When you’re through, with that step, a warm air dryer kicks on and proceeds to blow the affected areas dry. This air, just like the water, is adjustable, temperature wise, to your desired heat. At no time does any part of the device come in contact with your body. The Washlet also includes a heated seat, which I haven’t felt the need to use as yet, and a self closing device which would satisfy most ladies in the household that they would not unceremoniously drop into a gaping toilet. Is there still a need for toilet paper? Probably not but I still have to be safe and usually check to make sure the job was done properly but so far it always has been.
In summation I feel that I made a wise purchase and would be extremely helpful to any one in your family that needs the help that a Washlet can give. Additionally it makes a unique conversation piece in my home along with the casket in the spare bedroom. Casket in the spare bedroom? That’s another story for another day.

No comments: